Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Ankeveen (MDMNL AtoZ Challenge 2015)

“I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.”

I took this photo during a run in November, 2014.
Although not in Ankeveen (Spanderswoud is the woods parallel to our village)
this place inspired my theme for this year's A to Z blog challenge. 


Have you read my brief introduction to this challenge?

If not, here is the link: Introducing HFNL A to Z Challenge 2015

My personal blogging theme for this year is the places I have been in the Netherlands.  


At Happy Feet in the Netherlands (HFNL), I'll be writing about the places (which is not only limited to city, towns or villages but may also include restaurants, stores - places we go for hikes, where we sailed etc.) from the perspective of a runner.  

The blogs here @ My Daily Mooosings in the Netherlands on the other hand will be from a perspective of an expat, mom, traveler, writer, who seeks to simplify life.


Today, "we go to" : Ankeveen.


A Wayback Wednesday image!

Behind me is the Hollandia, the windmill landmark
near the entrance of our village.

I remember at this time how I begun settling completely in Ankeveen, 2 years after we moved.
Feeling lucky that we live somewhere, where people come to relax and have their holidays.


If you've been following this blog since it began, then you would have read about our village: Ankeveen, a lot of times, and the images I will be sharing will be familiar to you.  It's a great opportunity to travel back on memory lane with this blog challenge!

I've mentioned @ Happy Feet in the Netherlands, that moving to Ankeveen was the jump start my slumbering running passion.

The first few years after we moved in the Netherlands, I took more pictures than I have ever taken  in the total years of my life.  It kept me sane amidst the craziness that goes with moving to a new country (yet again!).

Writing the stories, that went along those pictures - initially on my anonymous blogs, later on my personal Facebook account, and finally here - was what made me focus on the positive rather than dwell on the negatives of life as an expat.

Are you still living where you were born, or have you lived in many other countries?



do 2 apr. 13:20

No comments:

Post a Comment