Saturday, April 14, 2012

M - Music, Before I Go To Sleep


As part of my training for my first Berlin Marathon, I am making an effort to slowly change my sleeping pattern.

Starting tomorrow night, I'll be listening to classical music at least an hour before I sleep.

Four Seasons from Antonio Vivaldi has always been my favourite; it seems apt to begin with this piece because the first movement is Spring, a season of new beginnings.

It's always been a challenge for me to go to bed in a reasonable hour and have a reasonable hours of sleep.  Somehow, I should begin somewhere. This post marks this intention.

What can be more motivating in changing one-self, than the thought of performing miserably for thousands of spectators to see.

Well, I certainly won't let that happen! If the visualisation of a smiling and still running me to the finish line of the capital city of Germany, will help me fall asleep, after listening to classical music, so be it.

It would be a challenging habit to ge used to - going to bed early - but invariably a pleasant sleeping ritual!

What sleeping ritual do you have? Does it involved listening to music?

1 comment:

  1. Great post!

    I used to fall asleep to a programme called Late Junction on BBC's Radio 3. It was World Music, and I found I really enjoyed the different rhythms. Music at night is excellent relaxation, so I hope you find it keeps you going through that marathon too.

    Good luck in Berlin!

    ReplyDelete