Monday, April 2, 2012

B - Boom(en)

Boom is the Dutch word for tree (boomen the plural form; if you clck on the link, you will hear how the Dutch pronounciation is :)).

I love trees, as most of my family, friends, & loyal readers knows.

As evidence, the images below posted previously here, @My Daily Mooosings in the Netherlands! :)

They are just some of the trees I am following through the seasons. Hopefully, this year, I can share the rest and more!

Littlest looking out of our window, 2011
February, 2012


2011
  

So proud to have completed the four seasons motive project of "The View in Front of our Window" : begun 30th of October, 2009 completed 24th of July, 2010



In the first few years of my travels with the girls for the holidays here, and finally the year we moved in the Netherlands with mijn liefste P, taking pictures of all the beautiful trees through the seasons has helped me overcome a lot of inner-turmoil, which comes when going through major transitions in life.

It is amazing that trees have been there before my family existed; they are there silently and regally witnesses of the passing of time.  

Most of the trees I have come to admire here in the Netherlands, will all still be there long after I no longer am a memory; it is a humbling thought

For now, I enjoy  their magnificence and the gift of  beauty they let us witness, each and every season. I am delighted that they are a part of the memories I am creating for my family and for myself.  They remind me constantly that time fleets, and we have to capture and focus on the essence of life while we are all still a part of all that is vibrant and living.



2011

2011


Ankeveen










February, 2012











2011



2011



2011



March 2012

Ankeveen, February 2012



Almere beach, March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment