Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Whew, Wednesday!


It's been a whirlwind of activities from Wednesday of the past week to today's Wednesday. Time as always was a precious commodity.


Last night, in the wee hours, as my family lay quiet in their beds, my hand flew over the keys of my laptop, and once again I was thankful to have been able to publish a blog at Happy Feet in the Netherlands.  My baby step to recording my great adventure in running my first full marathon : Happy Feet Warms-Up for Berlin Summer 2012.

Still unsure if I would be doing a daily update or a weekly update. I am tending to do a daily one.  Looking around how other runners I admire have done it, and how the runners I've just gotten to know, who are also currently in training are doing it.

Speaking of daily blogs, I still have all the posts from last week's daily photos on draft mode.  My goal of simplifying life simply took priority: sleeping early (not in the wee hours of the morning!); quality time with my family, and simply the need to (semi-) unplug from life online (I still have not completely unplugged for an entire day but I aim to!)

This week is not much different from last week. It will only get busier.

I am currently working up what I hope would be an effective online/home-office schedule for myself to maximize the quality of time I spend online, and writing worthwhile blogs.  More unplugging, and more structured blogging are the goals for this year.  It's something I would love to do a blog series on: unplugging as a trending lifestyle.

Ironic that the more I write and expand my horizon, widen my online network, the more the need arise to unplug regularly.

How do you balance life online and offline?  Could you imagine being totally unplug from all source of technology and information for a day, for a week, a month or even an entire year?

8 comments:

  1. just thinking that I need to spend time with my kids while their young, and that's make me go offline...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ironic that the more I write and expand my horizon, widen my onlinenetwork, the more the need arise to unplug regularly."

    I have to agree with this. When you're in front of your computer, it's really easy to feel exhausted. A nap and a pack of sweets do wonders for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay, you know sis Jo, I didn't have internet for almost 2 days and it drove me nuts! I was really worried with my blog, with my task in the FB group, and with comments I have to return. Oh, and even emails to check. But somehow, it was nice to be unplugged too. It made me spend more time for myself. And I've finally had the time to watch the television.. haha.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant imagine how I was able to manage my time... with 3 kids, an 8-hr regular job, and a work online w/ different clients for web design, but I still manage to get time to travel, eat out and spend quality time w/ my kids... I just thank God for being able to manage all of these.. and oh add to that i'm now building my blogsite. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. You run? I only run on my elliptical trainer as I do not have enough time to go out and do the real running. Make believe is okay. It's still exercise, too, right?

    Managing time --- hmmm. difficult actually. I am intern in a hotel's restaurant downtown and I stay there for 8 hours, working hard and tough. It's like a mental and physical gym actually. I never thought that becoming a chef is not just all about cooking. There are so much more beyond that.

    So well, afte my internship [sometimes 8AM-4PM, some days 3PM-11PM], I go home directly, tired and exhausted. I relax and while doing that, I blog hop by joining activities on different blogger groups on Facebook. Update my blogs [whenever there's still extra time]. cook, spend quality time with my boyfriend and sleep.

    It is only now that I understand when people say that 24 hours isn't enough for one day :)

    You have a great day, a great run and a great blogging week! Hugs from Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww.. I can't imagine how but I did survive being at home for two whole months after I gave birth to my twins. The only thing which helped me get through then was blogging, FB, and texting.

    From breaking from being a work at home - well, I try to go out every week - even if it's just a trip to the grocery or going on a short road trip with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I became a stay-at-home mom after I gave birth to my son. Gone were the days of going out with friends, partying, malling, hitting the beach... my social life has practically gone zilch because I take care of the little one by my lonesome. During the first two years, my only means of socializing with friends and former colleagues were my SNS.

    Now my social life consists of doing the groceries, taking my son to the arcade, running errands... Oh, the joys and pains of being a SAHM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're incredible Ms Joana! ;-) You can properly manage your time between you're family and online job. I started blogging 2 months ago and I have a difficulty in managing my time..

    ReplyDelete