Thursday, May 26, 2011

How I Silence the Noise


The only way I silence the noise of everyday life in my head is to empty it first through prayer, then read and fill it with words of wisdom.

Some words of wisdom, I would like to affirm for today:

We find greatest joy, not in getting, but in expressing what we are... Men do not really live for honors or for pay; their gladness is not the taking and holding, but in doing, the striving, the building, the living. It is a higher joy to teach than to be taught. It is good to get justice, but better to do it; fun to have things but more to make them. The happy man is he who lives the life of love, not for the honors it may bring, but for the life itself.
R.J. Baughan (no known info about the source of the quote)

How do you silence noise of everyday life at the end of the day?

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm here from ICLW. Generally for me, music is the way I silence the noise of every day life. I either play it on guitar or listen to it. I prefer to play it on guitar, though. At the moment I'm working on James Taylor's 'Fire and Rain' to honour a dear friend.

    Best wishes and ICLW hugs to you,

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking time to stop by and share your words, Casey!

    Also for motivating me to look up James Taylor's song.

    I listened to it while I edited a picture I had to post for my 365 project. It was very calming for me, but tears started falling on my cheeks unexpectedly. I know and have listened to the song before but it was long before I've experienced lost in my life. Unbelievable, but I think it was also more than a decade, if I am not mistaken since I heard that song last.

    Sending you good thoughts, and warmest ICLW hugs as well!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete