Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sleepy & Springy


This 365 is once again saved by the P!  Thanks so much for the support my beloved; you truly know how much this project means to me.

I was almost talking myself into giving up prematurely on the 365, telling myself, I have affirmed all there is to affirm in my "new life" here in the Netherlands and that I only have myself to answer to now, which is in itself the purpose of this project - to give myself back a sense of control, which I felt I lost.

Everyone who goes through major changes in life could, I think, identify with this feeling of somehow falling in a hole, like Alice in Wonderland.  One is ready and curious enough for the adventure but in the midst of it one feels disorientation.  In the end you find yourself back to where you were before all the adventure began but with a better understanding of yourself.

One factor for my deep regarding the 365 is that lately I've been experiencing early Spring lethargy, and I would love to shake it off fully before Spring officially begins in 5 days.

Biking daily does help a whole lot, and I am trying to watch what I eat, and when I eat.  I do envy the littlest with the seemingly abundant energy she has almost the entire day!  We started napping together again this week, thinking this will also help me further reach my goal of having more stamina through the day.  Let's see how the week goes!

How do you deal with Spring lethargy?  Or are you one of the lucky ones who does not get affected by the changing of the seasons?

Here once again, a few quoatations to end the day with positive affirmations:
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
Buddha
"To the illuminated mind the whole world burns and sparkles with light."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
According to Vedanta, there are only two symptoms of enlightenment, just two indications that a transformation is taking place within you toward a higher consciousness. The first symptom is that you stop worrying. Things don’t bother you anymore. You become light hearted and full of joy. The second symptom is that you encounter more and more meaningful coincidences in your life, more and more synchronicities. And this accelerates to the point where you actually experience the miraculous.
Deepak Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment