Monday, March 7, 2011

Littlest' Lens

Please click on the image to have a better view

Today's post is another attempt to move my blogging time to the a.m. part of the day!  Here is hoping I will be able to be consistent on this the entire week because I do NEED to sleep earlier than way past midnight.

I took a  couple of pictures on my way back home after bringing back the girl's to school.  The weather outside is fantabulous!!!  It is still cool though, but what the heck, the sun is out beaming wonderful sunshine!

Never did I imagine that sunshine will be a cause of celebration in my life having grown up in a tropical country and growing up with the habit of taking an umbrella to shield myself not from the rain but from the sun.  Life can be entertaining when you muse about it from different perspectives of your life.

Speaking of perspectives, the littlest shot today's 365~ self-portrait!  Sooo proud of her.  This is not the first picture she shot of me.  She actually took a picture of P last week or two weeks ago.  I'll post it some other time.  I guess, this is one very lucid example that when you want your young to be creative, the best way is to simply practice creativity yourself, and they'll follow.  Littlest (3 y.o) asked me very politely "Mom, take a picture?" and then  took the camera in the hand like she's been doing it forever, and manipulated it that  after taking the simple picture, she was able to view the result right after and showed it to me for approval.  Did I say, I am so proud?!!!

I could not help tweaking the image a bit in picnik (I used the Threshold feature in edit mode) to make it appear as if I was frozen (couch+chill + relaxing~ cool chillaxing) because I felt blah and it showed on my complexion; I am making a mental note today to start moisturizing my dry face, which I neglected in the couple of weeks I was sick.

It was great being back on the saddle again.  I had a mini-anxiety attack as I woke up, thinking about the bike route to the girl's school.  The nausea felt so bad but luckily P knows better now how to talk me out of it.  Lucky for him since he could sleep in, and not bring them in my stead. Kidding aside, I am RELIEVED that my panic and anxiety attacks are getting more under control.  More on that some other time. 

taken on the way back home from a visit in Loosdrecht, 5 May 2010

I am simply full of bliss that I am well again, and I cannot repeat that enough after the terrible two weeks!  Cannot wait to tank some sun, and so I am ending this entry with three quotes to affirm the day positively (also to shoo away remnants of negative thoughts I suffered from while fighting depression, which is always the side effect of being ill for a long period):


I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as making a ’life.’
Maya Angelou
 Love and do what you like.
Saint Augustine
I know you’ve heard it a thousand times before. But it’s true – hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don’t love something, then don’t do it.
Ray Bradbury

Wishing you all a magnificent week!



No comments:

Post a Comment