Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time is Mine

Life is like an ice-cream cone, you have to lick it one day at a time.
Charles M. Schulz

Tonight I was talking to P once again about our perspectives of how we grasp time.

We have had many exchange of thoughts about this topic since we met, and I am fascinated to observe that the longer we are together the more we affirm to each other that we are feeling much and much more the master of our time.  Not that we are the perfect "time managers", far from it!

I think beside the fact that we now have a clearer grasp of our priorities in life, we both share those priorities. It make the daily dance in life wonderfully synchronised.

Specially if that someone breathes in the same beat as you are.  Time will seem to be passing by faster, also in the same breath, life  will feel more intense and lived with all of one's senses and consciousness.  There will be days that it seems that you did not have much time for yourself because of all the responsibilities, but it no longer feels like a loss but more of an opportunity to be creative the next day, and the other many days to come.

Although I am an advocate of the belief that we can go through life having other source of joy beside our (a) life partner, it does bring a lot of personal peace & happiness when you have that someone with whom you share your "lifetime".

Have you become the master of your time, or are you on your way to mastering time?

I leave you with the quote I would meditate on tonight as I fall as sleep, which I found under the subject time, on my favourite quote site Joy of Quotes:

The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot.
Michael Altshuler 

No comments:

Post a Comment