Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Health is Wealth (the littlest is not her Tiggery bouncy self)

Quotes for positive affirmation, to end the day:
It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
Mahatma Gandhi
Mirth is God’s medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it.
Henry Ward Beecher
 Most of my major disappointments have turned out to be blessings in disguise. So whenever anything bad does happen to me, I kind of sit back and feel, well, if I give this enough time, it’ll turn out that this was good, so I shan’t worry about it too much.
William Gaines
 The day went by without a single chore done at home.  Littlest has been feeling poorly since middle of last week, and the last couple of days, she's only been a shadow of her Tiggery bouncy self.

There are simply many things on the to do list, which were planned to be done during the Spring school break while the older girls are vacationing away from home.  Three days have passed, and mostly it has been resting and clearing up what were "the day's rubbles".

I feel much better than last week but still not energetic enough to tackle all the things  I would like to do.

What did I do to make myself better about the piling chores and the stress building up in me?  Nothing.

Well, I did not do it alone, I shared the "nothing day" with the littlest.

P had to go to work this week because of a mishap with the dates for what was suppose to be a week of holiday in February.  It turned out, that he mistakenly applied for a week of holiday in March!

And so today, as he left early for work, the littlest and I slept in.  It was great to wake up to the bright happy face of the littlest as she greeted me, "Good morning, Mommy!" with a cheery but hoarse voice.

Normally she will be all over the flat energetically asking for her breakfast, afterwards she would ask if we will ride the bike to do some groceries.  But it seems that took all her energy just to ask for milk to drink.  She did not eat anything the whole day, but drank a lot of juices.

We spent the day relaxing on the couch, and she laid mostly on me for comfort, while she watched  Pingu, later on a lot of Mickey Mouse from the mid-30's, and Winnie the Pooh.

Although it breaks my heart everytime she coughed, and saw how weak she was, I was happy that I could comfort her in the simplest possible way.  It was also a new experience since I almost never experience her keeping still for such a long period of time!  She always sings, dances, talk almost the whole day.  Well, except when she is behind me when we are on the bike.  Even wen she is confined in her seat, she still sings, and chats the whole way-  her energy is omnipotent.

In the past, with the older girls, I will have anxiety attacks when they were ill. On the outside I am calm of course, and can attend to their needs, but inside I am in turmoil.  I thank P for this renewed strengthened attitude towards the girls health.

Today, I simply let everything be, and enjoyed "the nothing day" with my recovering Tigger.  Inwardly, I call it a fulfilling day because I was filled with happiness as I heard the littlest crackling laugh as Donald Duck's behind got stuck with toilet plunger in one of the classic cartoon episode.

I am looking forward to seeing her bounce all over the place again!  As much as I enjoyed the quiet of the day, I missed the energy she beams from within her.  Health is wealth, and is a heart's delight.

Please click on the image for a better view


How is the transition of Winter to Spring been treating you?


*postscript to this blog*


I forgot to write that the littlest got two McDonald's hamburger as a treat from P, which he brought home after work (I got a salad with crispy chicken), but only managed to eat half of the first one she opened.  She asked P to eat the rest.  The second one she kept, and said, "Mine." :)

2 comments:

  1. awwww get well soon little tatey love from england xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, dearest friend from England! :D

    ReplyDelete