Friday, January 21, 2011

Seashores & Seasons of Memories & Longing*

Heady scent of memories
Whiff of gentle summer breeze


My youth I remember fondly now
Regrets bade a long farewell
silently
unobtrusively
My mouth agape
I listen


Crackling sound of happiness
Soothe slivers of winter air


My maturity I recognized auspiciously
Bitterness introduced itself
succinctly
repeatedly
My heart deflects
I see


Kaleidescope of love
Blooming in the spritely spring

My life stands before me
Hope greets me with a smile
graciously
faithfully
My mind wanders
I feel


Smoothness of time and space
Grasping bonds of fiery fall


My future floats on the horizon
Balance took my hand
gingerly
gently
My being lightened
I am

*This poem was originally posted in an anonymous site, 22nd of February, 2009. I felt strongly to revisit it today.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really sweet poem. The verses flow very freely and my mind was on auto-pilot all the way.

    There is indeed strength in vulnerability.

    ReplyDelete